As the weather turns cold, the sales of thermos cups also gradually rises, while importers are also rushing to buy them and make a big profit in the peak hour. However,selecting a thermos cup is also a big question. What is the quality standard of thermos cup inspection? What is the heat preservation principle？
In fact, the vacuum cup is generally a water container made of ceramic or stainless steel with vacuum layer, a lid on the top and sealed tightly. The vacuum insulation layer can delay the heat dissipation of the water and other liquids contained in the cup to achieve the purpose of heat preservation. Therefore, when importers select thermos cups, they often take the brand, material, appearance and thermal insulation performance of thermos cups as a reference,and usually the sales of factory will communicate with importers,and most importers do not actually know the quality standards of the products,then resulting in high risks.
CLI believes that one of the most effective ways to control product risk is to arrange thermos cup inspection to test the actual function of the product from the consumer’s point of view. Find product defects and help importers find out the problems in time. So for the thermos cup, the main inspection contents are divided into the following aspects:
1.Appearance of products: All parts are well processed, and there is no obvious deformation or damage by visual inspection. In particular, the cup mouth must be smooth,free from welding bumps, wire drawing, paint residue, etc. After the product is disassembled, focus on checking whether the inner container is free of dirt and electrolyte residue and remains bright.
2. Product capacity: on the one hand, the capacity is related to how much liquid can be contained.On the other hand, it is directly related to the holding temperature, which means withthe same caliber,the larger the capacity,the higher the holding temperature is required. Therefore, neither positive nor negative deviation of capacity can be too large.
3. Leakage performance: The quality of the thermos cup is related to the use safety and affects the beauty of the use environment. During thermos cup inspection, the product was filled with hot water and turned upside down repeatedly. If hot water leaked between the inner container and the outer shell, whether it was large or small, it indicated that the quality of the cup could not pass the test and that there was a serious problem in the quality of the thermos cup.
4. Impact resistance: The quality of the thermos cup directly affects the service life of the thermos cup. In the process of using the product, there will inevitably be bumps. If the materials used in the product accessories are poor in shock absorption or the accuracy of the accessories is not enough, there will be gaps between the inner container and the outer shell.Sloshing and bumps in use may cause displacement of the asbestos pad.
Cracks in the outer shell may affect the thermal insulation performance of the product,and even cracks or even breakage of the inner container.Therefore, when thermos cup inspection is in progress, the product drop test is essential.
5. Thermal insulation performance: Of course, the thermal insulation effect of the product is the most important. During the test, it is necessary to ensure that the temperature is kept within the range of 20±5℃ under the same environment and hot water is injected into the inner container with the 85 % – 95 % of the product capacity. The volume of products is different and the test time is different. The test time of small-mouth thermos cup less than 0.4 L is 12 hours, and the rest is 24 hours. The test time of the big-mouth thermos cup is 6 hours. Most of the time, the factory environment does not meet the test conditions. At this time, the most definite decision is to send the samples to the laboratory. Assign third party to randomly pick up samples from finished products and send them to Lab Test to avoid fraud by factory.
6. Logo: All regular vacuum cups have relevant national standards and regulations are clearly marked, i.e. the product name, capacity, calibre, manufacturer name and address, adopted standard number, use method and precautions in use,etc.
These are the general standards for thermos cup inspection. Due to the continuous innovation in technology, process and material of vacuum cups, many domestic standards have not been updated in time, so many black-heart vacuum cup manufacturers have taken the opportunity to make use of the relevant standards and fill the vacuum layer with sand instead of vacuum technology, thus completely confusing the whole vacuum cup market. For importers, they should be cautious from the beginning to the end, and constantly strengthen their understanding of the brand,the performance and efficacy of the mug when buying it. We also need to select an appropriate third-party inspection company, and the third party must know well about the existing standards of thermos cup inspection, then importers can buy a safe thermos cup product.
This article is an original article for CLI Inspection, who is committed to providing high-quality product inspection technology and know-how sharing for global importers and retailers to make imports safer.
All rights reserved. The contents of this website provided by CLI Inspection may not be reproduced or used without express permission.
For reprint, please contact with CLI Inspection, thank you.
Senior professionals in the field of quality inspection are committed to finding and sharing valuable experiences.